Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back from Barcelona, on to London!


Hello!
                Yes I am back from Barcelona! Barcelona was my favorite place I have visited in Spain (so far). We saw lots of architecture, from Gauí including: El Dragón de Parque Güell, la Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, y Casa Milá. The architecture of Gaudí and other modernists is such a big part of Barcelona. My camera died once again before I could take photos of these amazing places, but I luckily had my film camera, so when those develop I will put them up as soon as possible. Barcelona is one of those places you can´t visit just once. I want to plan a trip there for next semester to explore the city and the places I didn´t have time to see.
                Next weekend, I am excited to announce, I will be in London. It is mind-blowing to me to think of all the traveling I have gotten to do in just a few short months, as well as all the traveling I hope to accomplish. Today before classes I spoke with my Lithuanian cousin, Asura, and I have now begun planning a trip to Kaunas, Lithuania! I will be the first person in my family to do so, even before my half-Lithuanian father! Living here in Madrid has made me want to take advantage of how close I am to other European nations and encouraged me to get in touch with my family overseas. I have mailed letters to my Nana in Ireland as well as my Granddad and Aunt in Wales. I hope that in February I will be able to visit them as well!
                Today, my fellow blogger Soraya and I decided to write to each other in blog form! Here is what Soraya had to say:

Hi Jenny!
How are you? I hope you are very well! Do you remember Barcelona? It was amazing wasn´t it? The thing I liked the most was Batlló´s house. Gaudí´s style and lack of straight lines caught my attention. I loved it! What did you like the most?
I hope we have the chance to travel together again! Take care.
Best wishes,

Soraya

Want to see what I wrote back? Read Soraya´s blog and find out…

http://www.madridistheone.blogspot.com/
p.s. I passed all my Midterms! Yippee!!
 Have a great weekend,

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment