Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tapas with Suffolk!

Buenos tardes amigos!

Last night I went I went with the Disfruta Madrid Club to four restaurants to try their tapas, which are a light appetizer to go with drinks. I didn´t know what to expect of tapas, having never tried any before, but it was amazing! I had croquetas at the first restaurant, and the rest of the group had cod fish. Then at the next place there we had tortilla, meatballs (not me!), and olives. Another place we went to had shrimp sautéed in garlic and olive oil with jumbo shrimp deep fried and breaded. There was plenty of food and I was so full by the end of the night all I wanted to do was rest.

                                                   Chi and I sharing tortilla in Sol

                                         Lea stealing a bite of tortilla

                                         Everyone crowding around the tapas

                                          Pretty lights at night
                                   Bear and Tree Statue in Sol, symbol of Madrid
                             Graffiti/art outside an optometrist´s office/eye care store in Sol

I had a lot of fun last night and I am definitely going back to some of the tapas bars and restaurants we visited with the school. Silvia was a wonderful tour guide and it only cost 5 Euros for tapas! I took some pictures while we were in Sol and wandered around for a bit. Silvia pointed out where we should go to get churros and chocolate in Sol, so that is another place for me to relocate.

Tonight I am leaving for Santiago de Compostela, so that means finding some 120 film for my Holga and batteries for my flash, it´s picture time!
Adios amigos,
 Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment