Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Post!!!


First Post!
                Hello world! Welcome to Vagabunda En Madrid! How about a little biography on myself?  My name is Jenny.  I am a student at Suffolk University Madrid Campus and I am an English Major. If you are considering studying abroad (especially at Suffolk University Madrid Campus) I can give you a good idea of what the campus is like and what the city of Madrid has to offer you.  Today I thought I would show you rather than tell you about my life in Madrid. 

 As a vegetarian (4 years and counting!) it was very important to me that my specific food needs would
be fulfilled. My host mother Martha has been very accommodating. Here is a bean and rice soup with a traditional food, croquetas (on the right).


Near the metro stop Tribunal, I found an enormous candy store!



 One of my favorite meals so far! Green beans in tomato sauce, french fries, and soup!


 My first shopping in Madrid! While in Sol, I found affordable clothing. Those shoes were only 5 Euros! 


Shopping in Tribunal was very expensive, but I was able to find a backpack for school as well as scarves
and a camera case in a discount store. On the camera case are little black bulls!

 There is always something to do in Madrid. I hope you enjoyed my first post! I will write more later, but for now....
¡Hasta luego! 


No comments:

Post a Comment