Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lisbon, Portugal

Hello again!
         This weekend I went on a school trip to Lisbon, Portugal. I am so glad I went on the trip because I don't think I would have gone on my own. Lisbon was so different than I ever anticipated it being. Initially, I thought that it would be very similar to Spain, but upon arrival I realized how wrong I had been. The languages, customs, and traditions are totally unique.
      While in Portugal, we visited: Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Palácio Nacional da Pena; and the surrounding town Sintra, Cabo de Roca (the Western-most point of continental Europe), and el Museo Gulbenkian. 
My favorite place to visit was the museum, because the collection included many impressionist painters (including Monet), exotic ceramics from China, and Baroque period furniture. 
      I was sad to leave Portugal because although it was quite cold, the sun was always shining on us. Portugal is definitely a destination I would recommend and a place I hope to revisit shortly! 


The view out my hotel window

Raspberry and Chocolate ice cream!! 

The Castle


My favorite, very simple but elegant



Happy Valentines everyone! (p.s. hope for a safe flight for my brother James and my mom to the U.K. today!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment