Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Memories of Salamanca

Living in a city, I've noticed almost nothing goes according to plan. There are more people, more traffic, and more noise. I live in a district with a few hospitals and more than a few bars, so if its not ambulance sirens waking me up, its inebriated soccer fans chanting. But I am not complaining, Madrid is the most exciting place I have ever lived. There is always something going on in this city. Sometimes I like to go to Gran Via and walk up and down just to see all the people and lights. Gran Via reminds of  Times Square. Other times I like to hide away from the city in a cafe in Noviciado with a text book and a gigantic mug of coffee. 

Exciting News!!! My sister Caroline will be visiting me in November! I can't wait to show her Madrid, I know she will like it just as much as I do. In other news I'm planning a trip to Portugal in October with my friends Eileen and Katie to celebrate Eileen's birthday! It's my first trip of the semester I have planned, but I know I want to travel to a few more places. 


I just developed some of the film I took in Salamanca, so here are a few photos of my experiences:


Main Plaza in Salamanca and Gabby
Jessica and Erica outside the residency

 Salamanca


Leo & Kevin in Salamanca

Eileen & Alana

Sitting in the grass outside the residency

We raided the vending machine for M&M's and Snickers waiting for dinner.

Matt my favorite and I
Have a great day!
-Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment