Sunday, April 15, 2012

Florence and Finals

Hello,
After a lazy weekend spent finishing up final papers and projects I am ready for the busy week ahead.
I have one term paper to finish and then my work is done, well except for taking my exams. It is hard to believe I am in the home stretch! So much has happened this year and I am so grateful for the experiences I have had. I wrote my first blog this year, Vagabunda en Madrid, and I really enjoyed sharing my outlook on studying abroad. I am so happy I am coming back next semester to Madrid, I could not imagine being any where else. The weather in Madrid has provided me with many rainy day afternoons filled with sluggish activity and minimal interactions. After Easter break I received a massive package from my sister Emma, with two giant tubs of peanut butter. I think I will be set for protein for the next 2 semesters. Easter away from home and regular traditions was hard but the package cheered me up. I will be home soon, but I am enjoying my time away and not dwelling on homesickness.

I have recently started reading the works of Jack Kerouac which has inspired me to travel more in the United States. I have never seen the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty. I have never been to the mid-west of the United States. When I look at a map, I can really only point to 5 states I have visited, which is admittedly about the same as any tourist can say who is not a citizen of the U.S.A. I'm not going to hitch-hike like Kerouac's protagonists, but this summer I intend on visiting more of my home country.

That's all for now,
Jenny

P.S. I'm going to Italy this weekend! Florence to be specific, I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment